(Also known as the Bookish Tag)
I haven’t done a tag for such a long time ( thank you SW for tagging me)! They’re usually not a type of post that I like to write, but I thought that this one would be fun and it made me feel a little nostalgic.
1. Which Book Has Been On Your Shelf The Longest?
Either the Little Prince or Pride and Prejudice… I always want to read classics but never get around to them!
2. What is your current read, your last read, and the book you’ll read next?
I’m currently reading both The Whisper by Aaron Starmer(The Riverman Trilogy #2) and the Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald. by my previous read is The Riverman by Aaron Starmer (The Riverman Trilogy #1), and the book that I’ll read next will either be The Storyteller by Aaron Starmer (The Riverman Trilogy #3), Hunted by Meagan Spooner, or The Inexplicable Logic of my Life by Benjamin Alire Saenz. Obviously I’ve been really enjoying the Riverman Trilogy Lately!
3. What book did everyone like but you hated?
I didn’t hate it, but everyone seemed to love I’ll Give You The Sun by Jandy Nelson, and I didn’t enjoy it. I tried to like it because other people seemed too, but it just didn’t work for me.
4. What book do you keep telling yourself you’ll read but you probably won’t?
Every book that I own. I always read library books first!
5. What books are you saving for retirement?
None! Retirement is too long away for me to think about saving books for.
6. Last page: Read it first or wait until the end?
Definitely wait until the end! I only check the page number on the last page, and always avoid looking at the words. I would never read the ending first.
7. Acknowledgments: waste of paper and ink, or interesting aside?
I usually don’t read them, but I certainly don’t have anything against them. A waste of paper is the books that have 5 random blank pages at the end!
8. Which book character would you switch places with?
No one! I wouldn’t want to give up my real life.
9. Do you have a book that reminds of you something specific in your life? (Place, time, person)
The Moffats by Eleanor Estes reminds me of being sick in bed when I was little. But not in a bad way at all! It was one of my favourite books when I was little, and I loved having it read aloud to me.
10. Name an interesting book that you acquired in an interesting way.
My Mom got the box set of Narnia books for me when I was just a baby, and I grew up with them being read to me. They’ll always have a special place in my heart.
11. Have you ever given a book away for a special reason to a special person?
I don’t think so, I never give books away.
12. Which book has been with you most places?
Probably The Great Gatsby, because I’ve been keeping it in my backpack, and I take my backpack everywhere.
13. Any required reading in High School that wasn’t so bad two years later?
I’m very lucky and even though I haven’t loved all of my required reading, I haven’t hated any of it! With the exception, of course, of Romeo and Juliet. I think that the story sucks (why couldn’t we have read a Shakespeare with a better plot?), and my teacher hated it as well.
14. Used or brand new?
I love them both, but I have a soft spot for vintage books.
15. Have you ever read a Dan Brown book?
No, I’ve never even heard of them.
16. Have you ever seen a movie you liked more then the book?
I don’t think so, no. I find that so much of a book is lost when it’s translated into a movie.
17. Have you ever read a book that made you hungry (cook books included)?
I’m sure that I’ve read some delicious looking cookbooks, but no specific ones come to mind.
18. Who is the person whose book advice you’ll always take?
My parents. Seeing as they’re both librarians and they’ve read a million books each, I trust their judgment.
19. Is there a book out of your comfort zone (e.g outside your usual reading genre) that you ended up loving?
Ready Player One by Ernest Cline isn’t a book that I’d pick up on my own, as I’m not too interested in video games, but I ended up loving it and being absolutely engrossed in it!
I Tag: Nabila, Ellie, Noor, and Lexie ♥ (The rules are 1: You must be honest 2:You must answer all the questions and 3: You must tag at least 4 people)
Can you relate to any of these? What are some of your reading habits?